The O.G. social-good, designer-quality eyewear brand.
About Warby Parker
With designer-quality sunglasses and prescription pairs at amazingly affordable prices, it’s clear that when it comes to Warby Parker‘s reputation, we’re not looking through rose-tinted glasses; what you see is what you get, and that’s a hell of a lot.
Why We Love Them
- Designer eyewear at affordable prices
- Variety of sunglasses and prescription glasses, all extremely fashionable and functional
- Cuts out middlemen, designs and creates glasses in-house to reduce cost for customers
- Donates a pair of glasses for every pair sold, and delivers essential eyecare to those who need it across 50+ countries, worldwide
- Offers online booking services for comprehensive eye exams
- Offers a home try-on option for all frames and virtual try-on for select products
- Ability to shop contact lenses from the Warby Parker website
The Science & The Soul
Warby Parker’s manufacturing process is incredibly transparent — which seems fitting for an eyewear brand, but sadly isn’t the norm for most of Warby Parker‘s designer-label competitors.
Warby Parker frames are crafted in-house, using a talented team of experts and artisans to develop each of its beautiful designs. Each pair of glasses is made-to-order, undergoing a meticulously-considered construction and assembly process to deliver durability, personalized comfort and fit, and timeless style.
First, carefully-sourced, top-quality cellulose acetate and lightweight titanium are hand cut using a specialized CNC machine, and assembled into frames. Then, the lenses are custom cut and made to order, finished with polishing, an anti-reflective coating, and a protective, anti-scratch layer. Every Warby Parker frame also comes with polycarbonate lenses that block harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Then, it’s off to the faces!
It doesn’t take glasses to see that too many people around the world lack the tools and resources needed to afford and receive essential medical care. Warby Parker’s team has always firmly believed that everyone deserves access to quality eye care and eyewear. That’s why, for every pair of glasses purchased on their website, they donate a pair to a person in need.
They’ve also partnered with VisionSpring, providing eye exams and glasses to school-aged children as well as training adults to administer eye exams. So far, they’ve helped over seven million people see clearly and are saving eyesight in 50+ countries around the world.